Saturday, September 4, 2010

Shabbos - Day 5

Dear Friends,
It is shabbos morning. Marvin stayed with Toren until 3 or 4 am - all seemed quiet. He stopped by before he left. His being here allowed Helaini and I get to a decent enough night's sleep. And for that we are very grateful. I got here a little after 8:15 and Toren has been having clinical seizures even on the propofol and fentanyl - these are anesthesias. He has had 12 clinical seizures since then... 9 in half an hour and then the doctors increased the propofol and he has improved. Now he has had 3 in the past hour. The team is consulting and studying the data to decide how to proceed.
We are understandably anxious
Prayers are welcome

4 comments:

  1. You are all in my prayers. I know the mixture of disappointment, fear, hope, faith, and anxiety that you are feeling. I hope and pray for the best for Toren.

    There is so much uncertainty with Epilepsy. One of my greatest challenges with Josh has always been to stay positive, knowing that the uncertainty can always turn in his favor. The brain is a mysterious thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts and prayers are with you each day as Toren goes through this procedure. I admire all of you for your strength and bravery. Toren is blessed to have such a loving family.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again. Following every step. Prayers, hope and strength are with you all. I have my Mom interested in following the progress too I don't think she's ever had the pleasure of meeting Toren but I've told her a lot about him. From a Mother's standpoint she cannot even imagine what you are going through but she wants you to know you're in her thoughts and prayers as well.

    He's a fighter. He'll beat this one way or another.
    All my love.
    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. and my captcha to post the above comment was "hoper"
    how fitting!

    ReplyDelete