Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Erev Rosh Hashana

So as day 9 winds to a close Toren is resting comfortably - considering. He is very very exhausted, it is a struggle for him to speak, clearly his mouth and throat are sore. He has only one IV attached to his PIC line... Toren has had PT and OT today, tasted a spoonful of Jello (the feeding tube has been removed). He also said ouch in response to the question "are you in pain?". When I held the phone to his ear so he could listen to Rabbis J & L voices - his face brightened. I think he is tired of listening to my voice - How can that be??!! - No need to respond to that question.
I will not blog or be on the phone during the first day of the Chag... I send you my love, and my deepest gratitude for keeping us in your hearts and prayers. We might have a long journey still yet ahead - but this day has been full of progress. With help Toren will go from strength to strength.
My mother and I are siting here quietly simply enjoying looking at our boy!
L'Shana Tova.
M

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great holiday!

    And when you do see this please tell him that I am doing better myself, he was worried about me before he left (and of course I told him not to be I'll be fine). I'm still having panic attacks but I am learning new ways to deal with them and I started seeing a Therapist that is helping me out a lot too.

    He's in my thoughts every day. Couldn't ask for a stronger friend.

    Hopefully you are getting some good rest yourself dearie. And tell his Gma I say hello as well if she remembers meeting me.

    All my <3
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. My loves, I couldn't ask for better news today. Lshana tova. I'll call soon. I'm at home for the holiday, but back to Boston tonight (where I live now. I'll explain later). I'm so glad to hear you're all beginning to rest. Love love love you. Dreamland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Toren!!! OH that is such great news. We all new he had it in him. I will keep my fingers crossed for more positive days and a great recovery all around. Send him my love! Tell him Arabella says HI!

    ReplyDelete