Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 18 & no meds on board

There are long gaps in my writing because it is hard to communicate in the face of the waiting at the brink. The seizure did not give sufficient data for a surgical path to be clear... so another seizure is required. As of last night Toren is off all his seizure medication. Now we wait again... and pray that this seizure will also be manageable and give the necessary info to the doctors. Toren is amazing -truly an inspiration... he remains steadfast and upbeat. He is on two consecutive nights of sleep deprivation and playing scrabble with me.

4 comments:

  1. You all are in my prayers. I think of you everyday and pray that things are going your way. Toren, how do I keep missing you on facebook. We need to get on the same hours. Hurry home so we can have our lunch date (although I wish I could get down there) because NYC has better chinese food. Love you all bunches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Toren and Martina:

    Just letting you know that I am thinking of you and hope to see you back in Saratoga soon. Martina, I will taking over the Caring Community in mid June. So when you get home, I will connect with you to see how we can continue to help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only is Toren an inspiration, I saw first hand what an inspiration you are, Martina. I am blessed to have such amazing new friends. It has been an honor to share in you journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martina dear - no posting in over a week - I imagine that you are in that stressful waiting period... we hold you and Toren and the family in our hearts - we check for updates every day. love naomi and joe

    ReplyDelete